Sunday, April 3, 2011

Saying Goodbye to the Big Round House

This is our last night in the big round house on the hill. I spent the afternoon saying goodbye to the house sparrows, photographing the baby squirrels, and listening to the mockingbird as she followed me from tree to tree.

I took the dogs for a walk and the mockingbird followed us down to the road, chittering and chattering and making every sound one could possibly imagine.

The rose bushes are starting to bloom. They are filled with dark red Abraham Lincoln roses so thick and velvety and rich that I can smell them from the bedroom patio. The pink rose bush is covered with buds and the old fashioneds are starting to bloom, as well.

I cleaned both ponds and checked to make sure no baby lizards had fallen into the water.

I filled the hummingbird feeders and the seed dishes. Hopefully, they will have enough food to hold them over until the new owners settle in.

My husband moved the couches to the new house. He saw three pheasants scurry to the side of the house when he walked up. I don't think I've ever photographed a pheasant. I wonder if they are friendly?

New adventures are waiting.

I can still hear the mockingbird singing, even though the door is closed.

No comments: